Manual handling injuries are preventable through correct safety techniques and methods. A OHS Safe Work Method advises workers how
Additional Safety Notes
Before lifting, consider:
- Can a mechanical aid be used to reduce risk of injury.Check the weight of the load by lifting slightly at the sides. Remember that packages may not have their loads evenly distributed.
- Can the load be gripped safely and comfortably?
- Is the load within easy reach?
- Clear obstructions from the route you are planning to travel. Remember that your line of sight can be obstructed by the load.
- Is the place you are planning to place the load free of obstructions?
- Avoid awkward postures. You may have to move the load slightly prior to lifting. Example: from under another object.
The Safety Procedure includes:
- Assessing Loads
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Back Position
- Changing Direction
- Mechanical Aids
- 3 Page Complete Procedure
- MS Word Format
- Ready to Use
- Version 4.0
< < Back